header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Monday, January 02, 2017

Books of 2016

56 Books 

Won on Goodreads: 8
Non-fiction: 11
Classics: 6

My original goal was 55 books, which is much lower than normal. Thank goodness I set a low goal, because I barely reached it. I don't know what happened in 2016, but I read 20 less than 2015 and nearly 40 less than 2014! I will say, I concentrated on quality over quantity and abandoned a few books I couldn't get in to.

I read three Jane Austen novels (Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion) and have one more to go to complete the set (Mansfield Park). I'm surprised I hadn't finished Emma before, but think I mistook memorizing the movies as reading the book. I read another Thomas Hardy book this year (Far from the Madding Crowd) and continue to consider him, Austen, and Willa Cather as a few of my favorite authors.

What I read
(click month for titles and reviews)

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December
If you're still reading, did we read any of the same books? Any recommendations? 
And as always, if you're on Goodreads, let's be friends.

Past years: 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...