header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Monday, October 03, 2011

Weekend: kayak for a cure

This weekend we took part in Kayak for a Cure at Griggs Reservoir. Apparently this is a national event with several cities participating throughout the year. I would recommend it if there's a chapter in your area. Not only is it for a good cause, but it was another opportunity to take in some nature without leaving the city.

Our registration included kayaks, paddles, life vests, breakfast, and lunch. Not to mention lovely views and great company.


This event raised over $5,000. We found out about it this past week, so I'm hoping we can raise more when we register next year.


It was a super windy/chilling morning, but the ride was lovely. Thank goodness for the sunshine.

I think I want a kayak now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...