header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Travel Tuesday: Big Island Part 2

Pano from Pololu Valley
I've started a new feature called Travel Tuesdays. Each week I'll post photos, recommendations, or itineraries from trips I've taken or am planning to take. You can see past posts here

Alex and I visited the Big Island of Hawaii in January/February 2014 and did an entire circuit of the island over ten days. Here's a small sample of photos from the second half of the trip where we drove Saddle Road from Hilo to Waimea, explored ranch lands, finally saw white beaches, and made our way back to Kona. Part one is here

Waimea is surrounded by my favorite terrain; ranch land
After a bit of a walk through condos, we finally found a sandy beach
Waipio Valley
Pololu Valley - which requires a pretty tough hike to get down and back up

Looking inland on the trail back up
We "saw" a whale
The best sand beach was hidden behind a hotel/condos
We went back to Saddle Road on a clear day and could see Mauna Loa with snow!
We went on a jungle hike on our last morning. 
Our last beach

We went into a lava tube
And finally, back to Honolulu to switch planes

Where was your last trip?
What is your next vacation? 

1 comment:

  1. So freaking gorgeous. I don't travel much because of finances, but I dream of it and stare at others pictures wistfully.

    ReplyDelete

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...