header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Five: An Ode to Buffs

A blurry photo of a few buffs in my extensive collection. (Laundry day.)
Hello! This week's Friday Five linkup with Cynthia, Courtney, and Mar is a Free Friday. I've wanted to write about my love of Buff's for a while, so what better time than now? 

My First Buffs were free
Alex got two free "multiclavas" from his favorite gear website: Treestuff.com (he's an arborist). He received two of each, so I inherited a pair. Shortly after we discovered the joys of multiclavas, I went to an Ohio State game and got a free "Yowie" for breast cancer awareness. I wish more races would give Buffs as swag. (From here out, I'm going to refer to these as Buffs even though they aren't officially branded.)

Fun times in official Buffs

Buffs can be used for any activity
Alex and I have used our Buffs for running, hiking, canoeing, fishing, SUPing, camping, keeping bugs away, UV protection, and he uses them for tree climbing. Having a bad hair day? Put on a Buff.

My first official Buff branded item was a headband
I ran my first 10 miler race in a Buff headband. I tried everything to keep sweat out of my eyes last summer (even a Halo headband–which was obviously designed for an unstylish bald man) and besides a Headsweats ball cap, I wasn't having any luck. The Buff UV headband kept the sweat from rolling down my face, plus I looked cool. (ha)


Buffs can be used in any weather
I own a half dozen official Buffs of various styles and patterns. Not only do I use them in the summer, I also layer them in the winter. We ran a snowy trail 10k in January and Buffs kept my face and ears warm the whole way.

Buffs can be worn in a many ways
Finally, the greatest selling point: the multiple ways to wear a Buff. Watch and learn:



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Have you tried a Buff or multiclava? 

Thanks for stopping by this week. Don't forget to visit the hosts and have a great weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. I have never tried one, I am not a fan of having something on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried a buff but thy look very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat - I had no idea it is that versatile! I didn't know Buff was an actual brand. I received a knockoff during the Philly Love Run and found it really useful.

    ReplyDelete

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...