header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Friday, August 07, 2015

Friday Five: MEGA FRIDAY


I've missed some Friday Fives this summer! Due to vacations, work, and lack of content I've missed five themes over the past month, so I thought I'd combine them into one MEGA FRIDAY post! [This week's official theme is A Day in the Life. Please visit Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia for a peek into their days.]

Fitness Trends I'll Never Try
Honestly, just Crossfit. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Favorite Race Swag
I'm a sucker for chocolate milk after a race, a stylish technical shirt, and a fancy medal. I would love to see more races giving out Buffs.

Favorite Summer Drinks
In no particular order: LaCroix (my favorite is Grapefruit), Sauvignon Blanc (I normally drink red wine, so this is strictly summer), mimosas, saisons (beer), and a post-run Nuun (especially lemon lime or citrus fruit).
Race Day Surprises
My least favorite race day surprises are traffic and stomach issues. My biggest fear is not having enough time to digest breakfast or make one last porta potty stop before the start of a race. Beyond these, I haven't experienced too many surprises minus a few cars on the course at a 3 miler in May! 

A Day in the Life
My days aren't much different from my previous day in the life post, but we have a new office (same building, bigger space, even more arcade machines). Because of the warmer weather and extra hours of daylight, I run at 8pm and shower after. That's the biggest change to my normal weekday.

I'm all caught up! Don't forget to visit the hosts to read about their days.

1 comment:

  1. crossfit was on my list as well. i respect it, but i'm just not into it :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...