header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Linkup: A Day in the Life

Happy Friday the 13th! I'm back with another Friday Five Link up with MarCynthia, and Courtney. I missed last week, but this week's theme is Day in the LifeHere's my typical (non happy hour) weekday: 

5:50am
Alex's alarm goes off and he gets out of bed. I get up for a few minutes, say goodbye, then turn on two fans and put two pillows over my head to drown out his getting ready sounds. (He's quiet, I'm a light sleeper.) Sometimes I get right back to sleep, but about once a week I'm up til 6:30.

My view at 8:40am.
8:40 - 9:10am 
Yes, you read that correctly. I do not wake up until 8:40am. I am a web designer. That means a flexible office environment and a later start. I usually wake up slowly, play with my phone (check Twitter, Facebook, and weather), then get dressed and go downstairs. It only takes me 10-15 minutes to get ready. I don't look particularly ravishing at work, but no one cares. I live less than a mile from the office and this week I've been walking (my car is getting worked on). In nice weather I usually bike. This winter I drove like the lazy, cold person I am.

I work in an old flour mill that's been redeveloped as office space. Lots of weirdos in the area. 
9:20am - 12:00pm
Get to work. I eat breakfast at my desk (oatmeal) and drink coffee while I check emails. Then I get into my tasks for the day. Tasks range from wireframes, designs, illustrations, QA, design reviews, meetings, etc...

Our office cat, Tony. Oh yeah, I basically work in an arcade
12:00pm 
I take lunch around noon. Unless we have an office outing, I sit at my desk and read a book or my Feedly subscriptions. I usually don't take the full hour so I won't feel guilty when I leave exactly at...

5:00pm
Unless I have a pressing task, I leave work at 5:00 on the dot. When I get home Alex is either making dinner, asking me what we should make together, or planning to go out to eat.

What I come home to.
If it's a running day, I go out for my prescribed milage while he makes dinner (unless he's waiting for help). I missed many weekday runs in the negative temperatures, but I'm trying to stay on track now. I generally run Monday, Wednesday, Saturday, and sometimes Friday or Sunday (depending on which fits my schedule). Dinner happens right after a run unless we eat after I get home from work.

Normal dinners include protein + veggies with pasta/rice, pizza, or tacos.

7:45pm-9:00pm
If it's not a running night... or if I've got lots of energy I do a 28 minute Kayla Itsines workout. I've only been at it for two weeks, but it fits into my nightly routine without much hassle. Directly after I take a shower. I am a night-time showerer because I have very thick hair that needs tamed by sleeping on it. I try not to wash my hair every night, but in the summer this becomes unavoidable.

10:00pm -12:00am
Alex heads to bed. I go with him, but I read (or play with my phone) until somewhere around midnight. I really need to cut down my phone time, but it's tough. I've been slacking lately and haven't finished books at my normal rate. I think it's time to get back to reading before bed!

Not at home, but it illustrates our love for beer. 
Things I didn't include:
  • We drink beer or red wine at least 3 days a week. 
  • I used to eat air-popped popcorn every night around 9:00pm, but not as much lately. 
  • Until a few weeks ago (during the winter depression) we would watch TV or Netflix from 7:00-bed time. Now we watch during dinner. 
  • If I'm not doing the things outlined above, I'm probably playing on my laptop or phone. Addicted. 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day to me! I love a job where it's relaxed and you can work later in the day. I am a professional photographer, so I have lots of random hours that I work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your photos are fantastic! I really do enjoy being able to get to work whenever at my office! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I wish I could sleep in to 8:40 on my work days. Your job sounds so fun. And an office cat. How cute. Your pup at home is adorable. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely advantage of sleeping in since I wake up earlier to run on the weekends. Of course early for me is 6:45am...

      Delete
  3. I'm on my phone a lot too. I used to read so much more! I loved the sneak peek into your day, sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing. your office building sounds cool (minus the weirdos in the area you mentioned, lol).

    ReplyDelete

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...