header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Friday, June 05, 2015

Friday Five: National Running Day

 Hola! Welcome to another Friday Five with hosts Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney! The theme this week is National Running Day. [This is my first scheduled FF. By the time you read this I will be hiking through Theodore Roosevelt National Park in North Dakota.]

National Running Day was Wednesday, June 3. I spent mine taking part in RunChat's June scavenger hunt. There were 10 items to be on the lookout for. Participants post their photos to twitter with the tag #RunChatHunt and each photo puts them in the running for various prizes.

My route around Grandview.


During my Wednesday run I was able to find 5 objects:
  1. Body of water
  2. American flag
  3. Statue
  4. Empty beer/soda can
  5. Garden gnome 


I had a lot of fun on this run. I didn't start my watch and I took a circuitous course through one of my favorite neighborhoods. Oh a whim, I decided to run to the closest river for my body of water shot, not realizing I'd have to scale a massive hill on the way back. I mapped my route after and was amazed to see I'd covered almost 4 miles. I can't wait to try to find the 5 remaining items. In fact, I had so much fun not worrying about distance / time that I'd love to make scavenger hunts a regular part of my training!

Have you ever done a scavenger hunt while running? Do you plan to take part in #RunChatHunt?

5 comments:

  1. i've not done a scavenger hunt run but i really like the idea of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea ! And it can take you on new routes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea! I need to participate in something like this one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scavenger hunt is such a fun idea - I should do that with them sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superfun - would love to do a scavenger hunt!

    ReplyDelete

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...