header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Friday, June 06, 2008

Inspiration: magazines and art

"Twenty bucks + stacks of Vanity Fair magazines = New Faux Headboard/Artwork!"



from Craftster:

I made them by tearing out sheets from the magazines that were mostly purple, brown, and green. I sliced them into strips and glued them onto a flat sheet of bristol board, alternating them with strips of plain text. Then I cut the floral design into the textured paper. The prints are not matted, but I cut the edges of the flowers flat so that they would look like they were matted. Then I just taped the board with the strips on it to the underside of the stenciled paper and popped them into the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...