header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Jewelry Organization: A Work in Progress

I've finally sorted through most of my jewelry and made a display using items I've collected over the years.


I'm not going to lie. It doesn't look great. I think the people on Pinterest must have all matching jewelry. This looks like slightly ordered chaos to me. But it is functional and I think it will get better as I edit my collection. It's nice to have everything visible in one place (though I seem to be missing a few items...).


My two trees came from West Elm and Urban Outfitters. This little guy is great, but the tall one (top photo, left) is driving me nuts. It looks crowded. 


This tray is from West Elm and was a gift. I think it'll catch my every day earrings because there's no way I'll put them back on the fox all the time. That's another thing, what do Pinterest people do with stud earrings? Is that where the egg holders and ice cube trays come into play? 


The fox (Urban Outfitters) is cute, but it's kind of a pain to take the backs off the earrings, position them on the fox, and then affix the back. I don't see that being a viable solution for earrings I wear all the time. I've had it for a year and never replaced worn earrings. Maybe I'll fill this with special occasion earrings. (This is where my missing jewelry will go. I'm guessing it's all in a travel bag.)

Necklace and dangly earring storage is fine. We got this frame with chicken wire from our wedding florist and used it on the guestbook table. It's been lying around for a few months and finally has a home. I used mini craft clothespins to hang the necklaces. They can't handle a ton of necklaces so I would not recommend buying them for a project like this.

And finally, my rings and decorative pins are in a Kate Spade Saturday mug. The handle broke off during shipment and I was too lazy to return. I figured Alex could use it for a plant, but this is better. :)

Once I get everything into place I will revisit this display in a few months. I made a huge donation pile while preparing this and I feel so much better. I had necklaces and rings from middle school!

You can find several jewelry storage ideas on my Organization Pinterest board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...