header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Polyvore for interiors

During some downtime, I put together this Polyvore for a potential living room rehab. I have a lot of hand-me-down furniture that has served me well, but when it comes to the couch and Alex's recliner... while comfortable, they leave a lot to be desired in the looks department!


We've been talking about a small sectional for at least a year. We thought we'd found one at Ikea. Loved it the first time, then went back to the store and realized that particular one was pretty cheesy (they have nice ones).

I used my ShopStyle app (lovelovelove) and did a search for sectionals. The prices on a lot of them are just ridiculous... and others are a little too frou-frou. We are big fans of World Market (Alex worked there during school) and this gray sectional seems pretty perfect. I need to see it in person, but let's pretend it turns out to be as good as it looks online. Factor in a friends and family coupon (generally 20-25% off a few times a year), and that's a pretty good deal!

Man I'm rambling!

To sum up: The suggested layout above would require a few purchases, but would mainly leverage what we have.
  • Buy: sectional, side table, rug, wall shelves, lamp
  • To Do: rip up carpet (haha, we'll see if this ever happens!), bring in vases, photos, art, blah blah blah, recover a few pillows. 

Oh and here's what the living room looks like these days (mess and all):


 Oh gosh, how did this get here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...