header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Sunday, February 01, 2009

thing-a-day 1: googly eye painting

Thing-a-day 1:

In keeping with my new "use stuff you have" rule, I decided to do something with googly eyes. Above: the finished product.
Somehow I ended up thinking a painting would be fun. Then I thought of the eyes like bees, chasing something in a field. I cut out these cute guys from eggpress (featured in CRAFT magazine a while ago) and a speech bubble from the same issue.

This morning I painted the canvas then went to the movies (I saw Revolutionary Road).
When I returned I started gluing the eyes. I tried using a glue gun, but it wasn't working out well so I turned to super glue.
Now you've probably noticed there aren't any animals. After I added the eyes I wasn't sure they were necessary. My consultant agreed. This is much creepier.

Those animals will need to be used in some other "thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...