header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Monday, January 14, 2008

stuff I've made: trees and birds

Big surprise, eh? A tree and a bird.

Anywho, I made these in November. The tree was my very first painting in a long, long time. I was going for "painterly"... unfortunately, the sky came out a bit too dark. C'est la vie.


The bird was pretty neat. I did the pink background texture while on the phone and not really paying attention. I liked it a lot, but knew it needed something else. I really wanted to put a bird in the corner, but I'm not that great at drawing fine details with paintbrushes (for example, the branches). I decided to sketch out a bird on white paper with a Sharpie before painting it onto the canvas. Well, the bird turned out pretty nice so I just decided to cut it out and Modge Podge it on. VoilĂ ! C'est ici!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...