header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Sunday, March 22, 2009

around the house: fun with spray paint

I'm finally able to catch up on posting! So let's start with a cheap and easy project. For about $4 each can of spray paint, I was able to transform a few grates and a mailbox into something a bit more elegant.



This mailbox was a rust box. I toyed with the idea of replacing it all together but 1. green mailboxes are hard to find around here and 2. why not try to spruce it up since it still works?

The grate in the hallway was covered with flecks of paint. A quick coat of black matte spray paint took care of it.

Same in the dining room (sorry, no before picture).

And finally, the bathroom grate that inspired the entire project. Now I need to do something about that floor!

1 comment:

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...