header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

thing-a-day 4: dino

Thing 4

I'm really swamped at work right now, but I managed to sketch a dinosaur while my files were committing to subversion. The sketch is based on a little figurine that sits on my desk. I gave my dino a sad face... probably because I was feeling pretty stressed myself!

To explain his frown, I got this funny mental image of the last remaining dinosaur standing atop a hill overlooking a polluted city. So, during lunch, I took my sketch into Photoshop and colored it in. I did it very quickly, but I ended up with 2 color variations.

The purple's kind of nice... maybe a twilight or dawn portrait?

But this one really shows the smog!

Sorry for the excessive rambling today! It's just nice to get away from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...