header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Monday, March 28, 2016

Influenster catch up: Winter 2016

photos from Marc Beauty
What is Influenster? 
As a member of the Influenster community, I periodically receive free products to review. I joined last summer, filled out some snaps (mini surveys), reviewed products I use, and received my first VoxBox in July. You can read about that box of goodies here. My winter VoxBoxes were a little different. Instead of a half dozen items, I received full size products to test.

Box 1: Velvet Noir by Marc Jacobs Beauty VoxBox

My first box included Velvet Noir mascara from Marc Jacobs Beauty. I use mascara every day because I have very tiny lashes. It usually takes a primer (like Clinique's Lash Building Primer) then color to to add oomph to my sad lashes. Imagine my surprise when I only needed 1-2 coats of Velvet Noir without a primer. I tried to take before and after photos, but my phone wouldn't focus, so you'll just have to trust me on the end result. I liked the tube, too. It's super chunky and has angled sides so it's easy to grip.

If you're interested, you can find Velvet Noir at Sephora.



Box 2: The Amuse Bouche by BITE VoxBox

My second box arrived while we were on vacation, so I had something nice to come home to. The Amuse Bouche VoxBox included three full sized lipstick tubes. I don't have to look fancy for work, so I mainly wear tinted Burt's Bees, but the colors they sent were divine. There was an everyday mauve (Pickled Ginger), bright poppy (Cayenne), and a deep dramatic red (Tannin).

I was very impressed by BITE's branding. Not only is the packaging chic, but their Instagram was on point (several beautiful color swatches and inspiration photos) and their website really dives into the creation of the product and color choices. I urge you to check both out if you're a beauty guru.

The products themselves were high quality. I avoid lipstick because it can dry out my lips, but that wasn't the case with Amuse Bouche. After I watched the product video I realized it's packed with ingredients to keep it super soft, including pearls and silk. Crazy. If you wear lipstick on a semi-regular basis, check out BITE's new line at Sephora.

photos from BITE Beauty Instagram
If Influenster sounds like something you'd be into, sign up today (yup, that's a referral link). My advice to get a VoxBox: go through the snaps, link your profile to all of your social accounts, and rate products you already use. 

Are you on Influenster or have you received free products in the past year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...