header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Friday Five: 4th of July


Happy Saturday! Yes, I know... I'm a day late for Friday Five, but in my defense I wasn't around a computer yesterday and, well, now I have pictures! This week's theme is the 4th of July. Don't forget to visit Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia to see their plans! 

I'm in the middle of my 4th, but I've already done everything I'd planned to do. I think I'm going to lay around tonight, eat a nice dinner (currently being prepared), and watch something. Maybe some grocery shopping if the store is open. Yawn! What I did to celebrate the 4th (on the 3rd and the 4th):

Mmmm cake.
Cookout 
My pal lives downtown and had some folks over for a cookout Friday night. The hostess made the best flag cake. After dinner we walked over to...

Red White & Boom
Downtown Columbus does their fireworks on the 3rd. It's a big deal. So thankful my friend had a primo parking spot for us and that we were able to walk down to the fireworks in under 5 minutes. I haven't been in a few years and it was nice to get back without having to deal with the normal chaos.

Ran 10.4 miles
My training schedule had me at 5 this morning, but my running buddies are gearing up for a full and I plan to run with them until I can't handle the distance. My training group was canceled, but a few of us went out on our own to get in 9. After we turned at the halfway point the police had closed the bike trail (for fireworks setup) and we were rerouted into the middle of a July 4th race! We couldn't get off the course (police kept telling us we couldn't!) until we hit a nearby high school. The detour added some milage (and hills!), but the weather was amazing and I was feeling great. I was worried about a long run, but I could have kept going. Gotta love runs like this.

Good run!
Finished my Jost Running 100 Miles of Summer challenge
My 10 miler pushed me over the 100 mile mark for Jost Running's 100 Miles of Summer challenge. It took me 7 weeks to hit 100. I think the deadline is mid August, so I'm feeling good considering June was a low milage month.

Wandered around our garden / went to lunch / took a nap
Since I've been home I've showered (duh), took some photos in our garden, went to lunch for some shrimp pasta and wine, and took a 45 minute nap with Tobias. While I celebrated my 4th yesterday, it's been a pretty great Saturday so far!

How's your 4th shaping up?

1 comment:

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...