header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Five: Favorite Indoor Workouts

It's Friday! Let's get ready for another Friday Five Link up with MarCynthia, and Courtney. Please visit their blogs to find more ideas for indoor workouts! Some of them are pretty quick and can be completed anywhere.

I spent most of this week in Dallas for work without any time to work out. Usually I can fit in a quick workout in my hotel room and on the best work trips I can make it to the hotel gym. Not so with this week, which was a real bummer. The weather was amazing in Dallas (78 on Wednesday), but we spent our non-office hours at late dinners with the client only to wake early to get back to the office. Luckily, we were able to walk to and from lunch and dinner a few times, so I wasn't completely sedentary.

Two Indoor Workouts I Do Fairly Regularly (In the winter)


1. Tracy Anderson arms
By far my favorite quick, indoor workout. I found this video a few years ago (probably when I followed Goop and googled Tracy) and at my peak I was doing it 2-4 times a week. My arms looked amazing. I'm slowly trying to re-integrate it into my winter workouts and usually manage to run through it 1-2 times a week. Alex does it with me and feels the burn just as much as I do. There are other workouts from her mat series I enjoy (one with weights and an abs workout), but this is my absolute favorite.


2. Treadmill
I'd never been on a treadmill until working out in hotel gyms last year. I don't really like it very much, but it's better than nothing. I really wish I had a treadmill at home on cold, wet days. I'm sure I'll say the same thing on 90 degree days this summer.

Three honorable mentions (AKA things I do when I can't run outside and feel lazy.) 


3. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 
Before I began running, a friend and I would work out to this DVD and compare our experiences. I was very out of shape the first time through and it was difficult. It's still hard, but I can get through most of Level 1 on my first try. I haven't used it since last year and I think it may be time to get it back out. Jillian is a great motivator and I love that she has modifications for various abilities.


4. POPSUGAR Fitness on Youtube 
Someone I follow on Pinterest pinned a POPSUGAR 5 minute workout. I added it to my list during a 30 minute video block (including Tracy arms!). It was a little intense (anything after Tracy seems loud), but by the end I really enjoyed the coach. I've only done two 5-minute videos so far, but I see they have 30 and 40 minute workouts.


5. Kayla Itsines 
Kayla is new to me this year. She's an Australian trainer with a large female following. Her demographic skews younger and bikini-body-bound, but her experience is all about building strength while looking lean. You can download a free sample of her workout. I have yet to attempt her 12 week challenge or prepare any of her meals, but the sampler kicked my butt. The best part of her program: workouts only last 28 minutes! The only downside for me: I wish she had a DVD. I don't want to stand in front of a PDF when I work out.

1 comment:

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...