header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A new bathroom layout




Yesterday I created an alternate bathroom layout. Yeah, the living, dining, blue rooms aren't finished, but that doesn't mean I can't start thinking about the next project. 

My first pass at an updated bathroom was thwarted by a poor quality shower curtain. After I opened the package I realized it was too thin and already looked a little grimy. Then I took a look that all of the items from that layout. It was nice, but it wasn't classy OR very good for home resale. Bottom line: I'd chosen the cheapest materials without considering what would help the space. So, I started over. 

The bathroom is small. It's 5'x5' outside of the shower. So, I need to reduce clutter and create the feeling of more space. Enter the medicine cabinet. In real life, it will be a 36in 3-paneled cabinet that spans the toilet and sink. The sink will be a new Kohler pedestal. We have a pedestal sink now, but it's curvy and nothing will sit flat on it, which is pretty annoying.

(My shower curtain is cooler than the one in the picture, but it's too old to find online anymore. It's a reversible curtain with polka dots on one side and stripes on the other.)

So... this re-do would include painting walls and trim, redoing the floor, installing the new sink, and hanging the medicine cabinet. Not too bad considering how much of a difference it will make. 

As for ETA? I'm thinking fall/winter at best. We've got a driveway to repave and a basement to Dryloc. Fun stuff! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...