header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Sunday, September 27, 2009

whomp whomp

This was supposed to be my post about my first ever craft sale. Unfortunately, the rain had other plans.

Yesterday was one of the rainiest days in a long time. I even bought a canopy to soldier on in the rain, but when I arrived at the Grandview Hop there were no other vendors in sight. Alex and I sat in my car listening to the OSU/Illinois game and waiting in front of my designated spot for about 30 minutes. Then we hung out at a coffee shop. All the while in the rain. And no one showed up. Since I've never participated in this event, I wasn't sure what the rain policy was. Apparently, it means the event in canceled. Oh well. I'll be there next month. And I'll have more stuff!

Here's a sample of some of my items. I think the extra month will allow me to branch out and not feel so rushed.

A bucket of felt animals including some familiar faces...


I made some stationary with extra envelopes (from the cards used for the 5 minute notebook ) and some DCWV Eco paper (which is awesome) and one made from and Amy Butler paper set (I'm going to save that paper for tags since it's thinner and 2-sided).

And I made a billion scarves (I think I made about 3 more that aren't pictured). As you can see, they're all pretty basic. I'm going to branch out this month now that I don't need to rush. But I have learned the importance of nicer yarn. There for a while I was using clearance yarn. Now that I've used the good stuff, I now know that clearance yarns really do have some ugly colors and textures. ;)

Hopefully I will be able to post more often now that I can take my time. I also got a new printer from a co-worker so perhaps postcards, printed stationary, and stickers aren't far off.

As always, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...