header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Highbanks

Yesterday it rained until the early evening. Today, I woke up to sunshine and loveliness. So, after I got motivated, we went up to Highbanks Metro Park.

There are three trails that allow dogs, including Coyote Run. This so-called 3.5 mile trail felt like at least 5. And this is coming from two someones who hiked a freaking 6.7 mile snowy mountain trail in Oregon.




I know. Those all kind of looked the same. But it was so sunny and the clouds looked great.

Alex took his pack for a test run... and picked wild raspberries. I'm glad I didn't take my pack today.


A view on the way out.


Tobias was pretty tired by the end and took a nap on the way home. I like when he pants because he looks like a real dog.

Overall, great park. There are many more trails. Some are along the river and I would bet those would be a little more interesting for photos. Maybe next time...

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! Oh I wish I could take my horse there! Although I think she would try eat all that greenery! :) I'm jealous, wanna trade? We have red dirt and cactus! heehee

    ReplyDelete

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...