header-custom

Home  +   About  +   Races + Recaps  +   50 States  +   DIY  +   Books

Monday, July 20, 2009

camera shy?

I know I complain a lot about not having a digital SLR. I do, however, own a straight up SLR... from the 70s. It was the camera I learned on in high school and college photography classes. I didn't really understand the concept of the light meter in high school... so I didn't really learn anything until college. 

But, I only took one (required) photo class. And I'm pretty sure I was just trying to get by without being embarrassed by the photo journalism and commercial photography majors in the room. 

I feel like I am only now starting to understand how to "make" a picture. Unfortunately, I have a long way to go. But, hey, I have the rest of my life to learn and hone my skills!

And someday (soon, I hope) I'll get a digital SLR. 

In the meantime, I'll goof around with my Cybershot (which is pretty awesome for a point a shoot), learn some tricks, and maybe buy some film for my Minolta. I just have to remember how to load it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to each comment (either here or I will visit your blog.) Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...